July 25, 2014

#WHATTHEBLACK :: The 5 Black Things I want

1. Black God- Lord Jagannath's Grace -
Lord Jagannath, the Lord of the Universe is also called 'Kalia' - the Black One or 'Kala Thakura'- the Black God.

http://oriyaonline.com//content_images/Jagannath.JPG
Source

There is an Odia prayer- 'Kalia, mo dehe bolide to deha kala...'
Translated it means- 'Oh Jagannath, please smear the black of your body onto my body...'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEcKf4v7g5w

I badly need Lord Jagannath's grace! Black is supreme. Black is the embodiment of all knowledge. Black is the colour of the Lord of the Universe.
I have shared my post on the Black colour of Lord Jagannath HERE.

Maa Kali is also black. I pray for her blessings too...

2. Black Colored Handloom Dress-Material/Saree -
Odisha has amazing Sambalpuri & other handloom works. Black Chanderi Sarees from MP look elegant too.
Film actor Aamir Khan had gifted such a saree to his co-star Kareena Kapoor during the promotion of 3 Idiots movie. I want more and more of these!

Odisha Girl weaving Odisha Handloom Saree. Wanna buy these fab fabrics?!


3. Black Colored Pattachitra-
I have always wanted to put elegant black 'Pattachitras' at our entrance. A royal looking, large sized traditional painting of Odisha that will impress anyone who visits our home! .

http://patachitram.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/cropped-dsc04996-cropped.jpg
Black Pattachitra from Odisha


4. Black Colored yummy Odia dishes -
In Odia, Poda means "burnt". I love this simple dish called 'Baigan Poda' in which Brinjal is burnt. This Black Brinjal's dark burnt skin is removed. The flesh is mixed with a mix of salt, mustard-oil, chopped onion, chopped green chillies & garlic. Have you ever tasted it? Too yummy! Also I love 'Podapitha'. Pitha means sweet/dessert in Odia prepared mainly during festivities. Podapitha is well-baked pitha, so its sides look burnt and a delicious black!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9cAqbn-rdN0/U51dzbdjWMI/AAAAAAAAAEY/RAArgc4LWms/s1600/2014-06-15+13.34.09.jpg
Podapitha or Indian cake: it's black at the sides! Yummmmy!


5. Black Batmobile-
Superhero Batman's vehicle is too cool. It has so many gadgets and will be an absolute treat for the technology-addict in me!

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2011/07/Putsch-Racing-Batmobile-02.jpg
Wanna come on a ride with me on this black dream vehicle?!




**This is my entry for the contest #WHATTHEBLACK - Expect The Unexpected Experience by Blogadda!

IndiBlogger Badge


26 comments:

  1. He He. I just love your last wish! :D I too have mentioned The Dark Knight Suit as I'm a crazy fan! :D All the best for the competition :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! Same pinch Anmol! :D All the best 2 U too!

      Delete
  2. I was wondering where had you gone Amrita. Thanks for sharing your wishes :) Truly saying all of them are really beautiful especially the first two are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so mch Alok! U r very caring! :)

      Yes even I love the 1st two very mch! :)

      Delete
  3. Very heartfelt & great wishlist, Amrita!
    Even I want all these :)
    May our world have Lord Jagannath's grace.
    God's Grace, Food, Clothes, Art for Home & Vehicle! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so mch Anita! Ur summary gives a holistic picture fr a good life! :D

      Delete
  4. Nice post.
    Black Pattachitra was the best thing I liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Prince! Yes indeed Pattachitras r really beautiful. They r elegant, classy, eco-friendly & bring peace to the mind... :) Rich culture of Odisha is fully reflected thru them....

      Delete
  5. Lovely picture all nice and black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Amrita

    Your black wishes are interesting really. The black pattachithra you have mentioned- I too like them very much.
    -Aekaanthan
    http://aekaanthan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so mch Aekaanthan! :D Yes they look so regal n elegant...a must hav art for every house or office! :)

      Delete
  7. What the Black... nice wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting choices Amrita! Batmobile increases the cool quotient of the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is actually a picture of me on someone's Facebook page with a Batmobile!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks a lot Roger for visiting n commenting! Hope U visit my blog more often!

      Delete
  10. Great mix of shots for B. Carver, ABCW-Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Carver! :D Delighted! Plz do visit my blog more often!

      Delete
  11. Devoted list.....I want the 1st and last too :)
    I made a list too - http://paint-my-word.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-bright-side-of-black.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vidhya! :D 1st n last r wat ALL want! :P Plz do keep visiting my blog often! :)

      Delete
  12. Black symbolizes our deity Lord Jagannath.I want to tell you an incident.When I purchased my bike I want it in black in color.But the showroom owner said they are out of stock.I waited for 2 months for my black color Dream Bike.Atlast I got it and feel like heaven that day. I have also fond of black.
    Ashish
    http://www.myhub.co.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashish for sharing your incident! Black bikes r d best! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

24/7 Shopping! Order online!