March 6, 2014

Time to spread Inspiration :: Satyamev Jayate

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
'Inspiring' is an art. Every person's life has glimpses of inspiration for all. These can be spotted by those who make an attempt to look for sparks of it. And the good news is- in a country of a billion plus people, there is no dearth of inspiration in everyday life!

Yet it is true that most Indians are largely inspired by the two so-called religions of India- Cricket and Bollywood. So, life stories and good works of Sachin, Big B, the Khans and so on are too well known and inspire people to make it big in life - to always work with passion and dedication.


However, after achieving 'superstar' or 'super-celebrity' status, very few personalities actually think of making a difference to society by spreading awareness for social causes. And Aamir Khan is one such actor who has taken fulfilling his duty towards society a notch higher by hosting the popular TV series 'Satyamev Jayate'. In its first season last year, I ardently watched most of the episodes and was deeply influenced by the issues and the inspiring people chosen to be represented on the show by the research team of the show- be they the old women shooters of Haryana who earn shooting medals by learning it so late in life or the man who after having fought alcoholism himself continues to work to cure others' alcoholism and numerous other such stories.

In fact, the issues struck such a deep chord in my heart that I wrote a Hindi song and set it to tune. I decided to make a video covering the soul-stirring issues and I spread this burning inspiration got from watching the show via Youtube. Watch the video below, in which I'm the music composer, singer, lyricist and video director:



This is my sincere tribute to Aamir Khan and his show 'Satyamev Jayate'. I'm proud of this for it has the sweat of my passion, the result of inspiration from a great show even if yet unacknowledged by the Team of 'Satyamev Jayate' (I've shared this multiple times on Twitter & FB with the Team!).

Hope you all watched the video- do let me know in comments section how you found it!

Time now to spread the inspiration in our daily lives and make Indian society better! :) Satyamev Jayate. Jai Hind!




**This is my post for Write Tribe Festival of Words 3 - Day 5 - Inspiring Stories.

18 comments:

  1. That was sweet Amrita and you have a beautiful voice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sooooo much Seeta! That was so sweet of U too! You made my day! :-)

      Delete
  2. Very nice work there, Amrita! I find such sincerity in your tribute to the deeper spirit behind the show. I don't really watch TV, but I did watch some episodes of this show on Internet and was very moved by some of them. Especially the ones on dowry and female feticide were deeply moving and informational at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Beloo! Glad U recognised my sincerity....I ws actually so deeply inspired...as to spend a looong tym in making this video! Thanks a lot for your comment....I'm humbled & delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most honest, genuine, truthful & an attempt full of good faith that I have ever come for a cause. This is exceptionally inspiring. I can relate to the sheer effort that would have gone in bringing this video, poem to life. What is remarkable for me is, "where is this passion coming from?" .. remarkable remarkable remarkable. Let me know if i can help make this video viral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sachin for your kind words n recognition of my originality,passion n hard wrk! I'm delighted n will b really happy wid ur help of makin it viral!:-D

      Delete
    2. your video is on all my social accounts. I have just told all in my company (WyzMindZ (pronounced as wise minds, www.wyzmindz.com, just in case you would want to know) to check-out... Your video is the moment of "TODAY"...

      Delete
    3. Oh my God! This is a huge honour for me! I m humbled and do not know how to thank U! :-) Thanks is too small a word yet I hv nothing els to say...U r a real friend Sachin!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Amrita for an inspiring post about an inspiring program.
    The video was a real surprise and I must say that it came out exceptionally well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krishna for your appreciation! Am elated...:-)

      Delete
  6. Great effort, creativity & passion, Amrita!
    Keep it up! Hope Aamir Khan & Satyameva Jayate show creators get to see your video.
    In fact, everyone should see it. Your sincerity shines through in the touching video. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sooooooo much Anita! I'm so happy dat my sincerity reached you....can't say same abt d team though! ;-) thanks so much again!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful tribute, Amrita to the less privileged, lovers, girl child and food. Beautiful song and feel the passion as you sung this beautiful and soulful song. Thumbs up and the sincere effort shows. I am speechless and sharing right now on FB:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sooooo much Vishal! That is immensely sweet of U! Elated that U recognise my work! Thanks a zillion! :-D

      Delete
  8. I think I watched one episode on female infanticide and it really struck me...glad he's doing this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya! Thanks a lot for stopping by here! Hope to interact more wid U!

      Delete
  9. @ amrita sabat.. there r very few people who care to devote some time even acknowledging the source of inspiration... this post shows your sincere concern and dedication for the country... very sweet tribute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soooo much Tuhina! So sweet of u to say this! I m humbled n happy...:-) wd love it if U visit my blog more often n comment here...:-D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

24/7 Odisha Saree Shopping! Order online!