March 1, 2014

A Fateful Misunderstanding

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers

One night, I had died in my sleep and was super-delighted to receive a key from God’s angel to open the door to Heaven!

file291269347575
Image Source
I reached Heaven and was soon in front of God, who was dressed in sparkling golden and was beaming with the power of a thousand resplendent Suns.

God said, “There has been a misunderstanding - I wanted to send you to Hell but my angel gave you the wrong key!”

I said, “But God, so many great philosophers have said that Hell is Earth only, isn’t it?”





And the next moment, I was back on my bed- #BackFromTheDead.







**This post uses a combination of three prompts- #BackFromTheDead (Indispire) by Indiblogger, 'Misunderstanding' by Lillie McFerrin and Wednesday Prompt 2014 #8 by Write Tribe.

Lillie McFerrin WritesWrite Tribe
IndiSpire

24 comments:

  1. :D Good one.
    Very unexpected ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hell is earth only".. !! really..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it.. Especially cos it's a combination of 3 prompts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ananya! :-D Loved reading urs too..very touching..

      Delete
  4. Brilliant! You said it all in few words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have just showed how powerful even 5 lines can be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks a lot Ramasish! :-D that compliment just 'powered' me up! :)

      Delete
  6. Really good, Amrita! I like happy endings!
    Even I used 3 prompts including the key one for my story :) But, I told mine in 9 Sentences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's nice! The more prompts the merrier n also needs more creativity!

      Delete
  7. Loved it...short but dynamic...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Namrata for reading n commenting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ads

24/7 Odisha Saree Shopping! Order online!